Tottenham Hotspur will face-off Chelsea at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Friday (5/2/2021).
Tottenham is on a mission to get back to winning ways. In the last two matches, they played with Liverpool and Brighton & Hove Albion.
Meanwhile, Chelsea is on the mend under the direction of Thomas Tuchel. In the first two matches, Tuchel brought the Blue to win once and draw once.
Here are ten facts about Tottenham vs. Chelsea:
1. Tottenham were lackluster at home during a match with Chelsea in the Premier League. They fell twice and won once.
2. Chelsea have been much dynamic in 4 matches with the Spurs in the Premier League.
3. The Spurs are still the only team that hasn’t lost a derby in the Premier League this season. However, they only won once in 5 matches.
4.Chelsea lost 4 in 5 away games, 1 won. The defeats record is the same as the score from the previous 16 matches. Chelsea won 7 and drew 5.
5. Thomas Tuchel became the first Chelsea manager to score a clean sheet in the first two Premier League matches since the Rafael Benitez era in 2012. The last Chelsea manager to record three consecutive clean sheets was Jose Mourinho in August 2004.
6. Tottenham have just fallen from Liverpool at home. They haven’t lost a streak at home since January 2019. Meanwhile, Mourinho has never lost hope at home in the Premier League.
7. Mourinho was not okay when dealing with Chelsea.
8. Only two Chelsea managers have fallen in the first 17 London derbies. Guus Hiddink led Chelsea to lose 0-1 to Spurs in March 2009. Meanwhile, Andre Villas-Boas led Chelsea to a 0-1 defeat to Queens Park Rangers.
9. Tuchel had faced Spurs twice before becoming Chelsea’s manager. He helped Borussia Dortmund win two matches over the north London team.
10. Time without Harry Kane, Spurs performance wasn’t at its highest peak in the Premier League. In 13 matches, they only won 3 times.